The Princess Code is a list compiled by an inspiring blogger named Princess Skye, on her blog The Princess Portal, many years ago. Unfortunately, Princess Skye is no longer blogging, and the Portal has been closed for many years now. However, she was always an inspiration to me, and I took comfort in her writing, as many budding princesses did.
Although she compiled this list carefully, Skye also firmly believed that each princess should make their own code, or alter this one to suit their own lives and needs. However, it may still be useful to use this established list as inspiration to make your own list of ideals.
The Princess Code
“[A] list of values and ideals we aspire to as Princesses… a collaborative effort between many other girls who have sent in their sentences. It belongs to all of us, and while we may not agree with every item on the list (and that’s okay!), it creates a picture of what being a Princess means.”
- A Princess inspires others to follow their hopes and dreams through pursuing her own.
- A Princess greets everyone with a welcoming smile, melting the hearts of friends and disarming her enemies.
- A Princess has dignity, which protects her from the opinions and spite of ignorant people.
- A Princess always looks beautiful, even when she is asleep.
- A Princess aims for perfection in every step.
- A Princess should be given fresh flowers everyday, even if she has to give them to herself.
- A Princess grows in recognition and stature in proportion to how much she treats others as royalty.
- A Princess reflect’s her inner beauty in her aesthetic choices.
- A Princess goes to war against the violence of incivility with the weapons of etiquette and prodigal generosity.
- A Princess lives each day from the heart, expressing herself freely and treasuring every moment.
- A Princess has the right to spend her funds on beautiful things she does not need because beauty in itself is priceless.
- A Princess should follow her heart and believe in her dreams, even if the whole world seems to be against her.
- A Princess respects her environment and nurtures the beauty of nature.
- A Princess is never too busy to give a kind word or smile where it is needed.
- A Princess’s most precious jewel is Hope, which lights her darkest days and shows her the beauty in every soul she meets.”